For me, wearing nail polish reflects the mood I'm in.. if I'm feeling happy I'd paint them with bold colourful colours- and to be honest with you, you will very rarely see me with just one colour on my nails. I just LOVE designs. Of course it's a little challenging doing it on my right hand- times like these when I wish I was ambidextrous!
Well the nail design I'm going to show you is pretty simple and fun and one of my recent favourites- I'm sure it'll be yours pretty soon too!
All you need :
- White Polish (I used 'Natural White' by George)
- A few colourful nail polishes of your choice (I used, from left to right (ish) in one of the pictures below- 'Green Grass' by Rimmel, Sure Promise- 'Blue', 'Yellow' & 'Purple', 'Princess' from the Girls Aloud collection and 'Laura' by MeMeMe)
- A dotting tool (I brought these off of eBay for really cheap) (you can use a toothpick, the end of a hair grip)
- Back Nail Polish (I used Rimmels 'Black Satin')
- A top coat (I used Sally Hansens 'Mega Shine Extended Wear Top Coat')
Step 1 : Paint all of your nails white- I did 2 coats to get that solid white colour.
I used this sized dotting tool..
... And with these colourful nail polishes...
Step 2 : You want to create RANDOM dots- don't put them into perfect lines! And you don't have to use every colour on every nail.
Step 3 : With the smaller end of the dotting tool, you want to outline the dots with a black nail polish. Now, you don't want to do a full circle around the dots, instead you want to do 2 lines around it- 2 semi-circles without joining them up!
Step 4 : Apply a top coat and you're done! :D
Let me know if you try this nail design out.