Sunday 15 January 2012

2011 Beauty Favourites.

Hey Ladies, first things first, I'd like to apologise for the lack of blogging, I only recently got back from my holiday to India and it was amazing! Definitely a holiday I'd recommend to all of you! :)
And I know this post is a little late too- after all we are half way through January already- OH and I can't believe it's 2012!! A very belated Happy New Year to you all!

It was difficult trying to choose my absolute favourites because I've played around quite a bit with brighter colours and new products!
So here are my faves:
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Dark Bisque- on days where I don't feel like applying a lot of make up I'd use this on my under eye circles- the peachy tones counteract the darkness under my eyes- making me look brighter and more awake!
  • Benefit's High Beam- I have the sample version I got in Glamour magazine a while back. This highlighter photographs perfectly and the application's easy- all you need are your fingers! it's a little pricey for the full size but I can imagine it lasting many many many years!
  • MUA palette in Heaven &  Earth- a lovely neutral palette for those who can't spend £30+ quid on the naked palette. The eyeshadow doesn't last very long without a primer but I still have a lot of love for it.
  • Barry M lipstick in TMLF- as you can see it's a green lippy but don't worry it doesn't stay green, it changes to a pink and the intensity of the pink depends on how much alkaline you have on your lips.
  • Lo real Million Lashes Mascara in Extra Black- I only brought this in December but I can honestly say this is THE best mascara I have ever used! it fans out my lashes like no other mascara- I love it a lot I do!
  • Sleek Face Contour Kit in Medium- the only thing missing from this little kit is a blusher and then that is all you'd need for gorgeous cheeks! However, this is still a lovely little beauty that sleek has created. The bronzer doesn't contain shimmer whereas the highlighter is full of it- it has gold under tones to it too- gorgeous for us women of colour. :)
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion- I'm sure you've heard tonnes of people rave about this but without this I don't apply my eyeshadow- this little tube contains one of the key things a make up lover needs. It makes your eyeshadow last for hours and hours- all day! Defiantly worth the investment!
  • Lo real Carbon Gloss Liquid Eyeliner- the applicator is perfect for applying your eyeliner. It's got a felt tip end and is hands down the best liquid eyeliner I have used. With this bad boy I never have to use a cotton bud to clean it up.
  • No7 Blush in Coral Flush- as the name suggests it's a pretty pink with little specks of gold shimmer- lovely for a flush.
  • Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation- it provides a great amount of coverage- i apply this with my fingers so the coverage isn't as high but with a brush- waiting for my sigmax brushes to come through- I'll let you know how it goes!
  • Urban Decay 24 7 Eyeliner in Zero- as you can see I've used it a lot- I'm going to have to repurchase one very soon! One thing I love about this is the fact that it doesn't smudge or transfer to my under eye area! it's great at staying put!
  • Sigma Small Tapered Blending- perfect for blending and the crease area. My eye makeup definitely doesn't look as good if I don't use it. It's small enough for any eye shape and so soft. oh and it's also great for applying a little shimmer or brightener to the tear duct area.
  • and finally Elf Professional Bronzing Brush- this brush is a multi use one- I use it for applying my blusher, bronzer and highlighter! it's fantastic, not as soft as I would have liked but for the cost it's brilliant!
I hope you've all enjoyed seeing what my favourites of 2011 are. What are yours?

Thank you for reading ♥

    No comments:

    Post a Comment